Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Red Hunting Hat

My Red Hunting Hat. Well, a hunting hat is usually meant for other hunters to recognize you as a hunter and not some animal and try to kill you. In a way you try to be fit in with the other hunters in the area by standing out. You know, standing out with the bright red but just not to risk being shot or killed, and that way you fit in with other hunters.
I'm not sure what my red hunting hat would be. I'm not saying that I fit in a way that people recognize right away, but I’m just not sure what makes me stand out. One obvious thing I can think about right away, though, is my height. Just as a hunting hat is used to distinguish animals from hunters, I guess my height helps others distinguish me from others. For example, my friends would often refer to me as "tiny Jessica" or "short Jessica". They also tell me that they can always seem to know where I am in a crowd by seeing a small gap between some tall people or just seeing a shirt girl. Real nice, right?
So, my height helps me stand out, a lot. But I don’t seem to know how it helps me fit it. Is it that some people say, "Hey, that girl is short. I should talk to her." Um... I really doubt that. Maybe it's just that people see me stand out because of my height, so then they’re curious? I don’t know. It really doesn't help me identify with other people my age. I'm always being asked if I'm a freshman or 13 years old. But I guess I'm just like everyone else. I like many common things other teens like, such as music, hanging out with friends. 
I'm not sure if my height is some type of my hunting hat, but that's really all I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment