Thursday, September 8, 2011

Introductions

I'm not sure how to introduce myself. It's a little more challenging since I have to do it through a blog (which I am new to). So, I guess I will begin with the basics. My name is Jessica Vega and I am a sophomore. I like to read, especially fiction, fantasy, and romance novels. One of the things that I love to do is to listen to music. I listen to various types of music, but my favorite band is Pierce the Veil. Other bands I like are Escape the Fate, My Chemical Romance, Mayday Parade, and Blink-182. I also enjoy walking and playing soccer. I can be quiet around people I don't know, but when I am around friends I am really loud. My friends always remember me as short for obvious reasons. I don't mind being short, although sometimes it gets annoying when other people are thinking I am an eleven year old. I like to listen to people and their opinions. I always prefer to listen than to speak.
Going into my family, I am the oldest out of three children (two girls and one boy). Both my parents are from Mexico. I am a proud Hispanic who always remembers where her roots are. I learned to speak Spanish first, and then English. I've lived my entire life in Chicago (South side).
I have many goals for the future. For now, though, I want to focus on my present, which is high school. I want to do well, since that will take me one step further to succeed in life.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you live on the Southside. I am wedged right between the Hyde Park and Woodlawn neighborhoods on 61st and Ingleside. My parents are from different countries too: Czech Republic and Slovakia. I used to be really short but I grew taller recently and am now around 5.65 ft. I love fiction and fantasy too! I've never done a blog before either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to decide whose blogs to look at and Your last name caught my eye. I think Vega is an amazing last name. I love Blink-182! I've also lived in Chicago all of my life(and spent most of it on the South side). I've had a blog before, they're pretty easy to handle. It seems like there are quite a few people with not much blog experience, though, so you aren't alone! One of the things I love about Whitney Young is all of the different backgrounds, I love meeting people with heritage from so many different places!

    ReplyDelete